Tuesday 29 November 2011

Bounce Light

I was checking round the internet when I came across an interesting article about lighting. Bounce lighting is where you have one spotlight at the top pointing downwards and another at the bottom pointing up. The bottom light is darker and the have a slight tint of the colour of the floor. Bounce light help to create a more realistic feel to the environment.
I made one render with out bounce light (1 Omni lights) and another with bounce light(2 spotlights ). I find the top shading for the bounce light to be a bit more realistic, although I think the bottom lights needs to be a bit brighter. I will use bounce lights as I’m going for a realistic approach to match my models, although having more lights will take a bit longer to render, but it should not take that much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment