Thursday 1 December 2011

Render Engines

I decided that I was going to use the metal ray render, as I prefer the end look compared to the default render. Although the mental ray render will take a lot more time to render, I worked out it will take about an hour to render each scene with the mental ray render, and this is not really a problem for me. From my understanding mental ray does calculate bounce light, unlike the default render, although I still put my own bounce light in the scenes to strengthen the bounce light effect slightly, as it was slightly to dark.. From the image you can see a real different between the two renders. There are lots of different render engines like V-ray that could make the animation look a lot better but from what I read, the rending time would be to high.

No comments:

Post a Comment