Wednesday 23 November 2011

R2D2 Material

I don’t need to create materials with a lot of detail for R2D2, as the materials will be one colour, because of that I will not be using UVW mapping. The First material is A metal/silver material, I chose to put a hint of blue in the colour so it doesn’t look completely gray but more silvery.
The plastic template in in the Architectural was exactly what I was looking for, for R2’s body. I needed to turn down the reflection as it was two strong.

Originally for the head material I wanted a stainless steal effect, and for that I need to stretch the reflection. The only problem was I need to download V-Ray to do that, and using V-ray would make the rendering time to high. There were some other method that I saw like using a black & white photo and stretching it, but I could quite understand how to do that.

For the stainless steal effect I chose to use a noise procedural map and stretch it across one of the axes.

For R2’s orange glowing eye, I set the material to Self Illumination. I did some experimenting to make the orange glow but it put the rendering time up and the glow was not really noticeable, so I dropped the idea, and just kept the Self Illumination.

No comments:

Post a Comment