Thursday 17 November 2011

Week 9

This week I learnt about rigging bones to objects. Once I made the bones and add a HI solver to make the bones move realistic, I my a short animation of the bones moving/bending, the next step is to rig the bones to the object.
I added a skin modifier to the object and added the bones which will control the object. When I watched the animation some of the polygons are going into each other.

I edited the envelopes what controls which bone controls which polygons, Although the polygons are not going into each other now, the object is out of shape.

To fix the shape of the object I selected a section of the polygons and added a joint angel deformer, this allows me to change the bumps to make smooth curves. I made 3 separate joint angel deformer for the 3 different joint areas.

The end result is a much smother and better looking transition when the bones move the object. By using the different tools you can simulate muscle movement what be good to make realistic character animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment