Friday 25 November 2011

Week 10

This week I learnt about controlling object though attributes. This first thing I did was make a custom attribute called Turn, The Turn attribute ranges from 0 to 100 and will be the controller to rotate the 3D box.
In the reaction manager I selected the spline and chose the custom attribute Turn, so when value in Turn changes something will happen, but I need to tell the reaction manager what is going to happen.

I then made the 3D box a slave of the spline and created two states. The first state is when the Turn attribute is 0 and rotation of the X axes for the 3D model is be 0.0. The second state is when the Turn attribute is 100 and the rotation of the X axes for the 3d model is 0.360.

You can see when I change the value of the Turn attribute, the 3D box rotates on the X axes. This techniques can be useful in controlling object or multiple object more easily, A good example would be a car, you can use one object to turn both front wheels and the steering wheel just by changing a value, instead of changing each object individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment