Monday 10 October 2011

Week 3

This week we learnt about the lathe modifier, an how we can save time by using it. I modelled 4 different chess pieces all using the lathe modifier, although some extra work was required on each of the pieces. Using the line tool I went around half of the outline of the chess pieces. I then converted the line to an editable spline, so I can make certain section curved using the fillet option. I then applied the Lathe Modifier to rotate the line in a 360 angle to make the sides circler. 

For the Castle: Extruded different polygons at the top.
For the Bishop: Used a boolean to subtract a chunk from the top.
For the Queen: Extruded different polygons at the top.
For the King:  Added a cross shape at the top.

Using the box modelling  technique I made a jet plane. I started off with a cylinder an added more edges when needed, while using the Select and Uniform scale to change the shape. I  Extruded some polygons to model the wings and the back of the plane. I used the symmetry tool to get both sides to look the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment