Sunday 23 October 2011

Princess Leia's ship

The animation takes place in episode 4 on Princess Leia’s ship. I used clips from the film to get an overall feel of what the ship looks like. I started off by making the walls and supports. I used the Line and Arc tools to make the outline of the wall. I used the Extrude modifier to make the Spline 3D.

 

The support is nearly the same shape as the wall, part from the top is a bit different.


I copied the walls and supports around the floor. I used the Align tool to align the supports and walls together.




With Auto Grid selected I made some shapes on the support to look like control panels. The spheres are very low poly, this will not be noticeable during the animation, as there will not be any close ups of the control panel.


 I decided to keep the corner of the corrie door simple, because when R2D2 hits the wall using the curved bottom would flip R2D2 over. I don’t want that so I chose to keep the walls straight.




All the walls have sections that are pulled out or pulled in. I did this with the Bevel tool. From my research each wall had a different layout of sections pulled in and out. I pulled each section in and out at random, but kept the same distance of how much they were pulled.


I added some extra edges to the walls then used the Extrude tool, to push in some holes on the walls. Some of the walls had some control panels connect to them like the support. I modelled them the same way I modelled the ones for the supports.



 I added a ceiling and made an indent in it with the Insert and Extrude tools. This should be enough room to do that animation in. But if I need more room I can just copy some of the walls and supports over.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment