Monday 17 October 2011

Vader Model

In one of the scenes in the animation Vader’s shadow is cast over R2D2. To get this effect I'm planning on having a light behind a cut out of Vader that will casts a Vader shape shadow. I found a front view template of Vader from (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/74/Vader_blueprint.jpg).
I started by using the line tool to draw a straight line right down the middle of the template. I plan to use the mirror modifier for the other half, so I only need to make one side of the model. I went around the template with the line tool roughly, in till I could close the circuit. I then zoomed in on each vertex and moved them in to a better position. For the curved edges on the temple, I used the fillet tool to make the edges curved.
I applied the mirror and extrude modifiers to make the other half of Vader, and to make it in to a 3D object so it can block light to cast a shadow. I converted the shape into a editable ploy, so I could connect the two half’s together with target weld.

No comments:

Post a Comment