Monday 17 October 2011

Mouse Droid Model

I could not find any relevant images of a mouse droid to use as a template. I decided to sketch my own using some images from Google as reference
(http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/b7/MSE-6_btm.jpg).
I started out with a box then extruded it downwards. I selected the side edges and added 4 new lines using the connect tool. I selected the polygons that the added lines made and extruded them out. I selected the top and bottom and used the select and uniform scale tool, to make the edges lean into each other.
I added lines on the side of the body with the connect tool to make a square. In the square I added 8 columns & 11 rows of lines to make little squares in the big one. I selected some of the polygons then used the bevel tool to extrude them out, then bring them in slightly to make a gap between each one. With the leftover gaps I used the Insert tool twice then used the extrude tool.
I created a rectangle on top of the mouse droid’s body with the Auto grid selected, so that the rectangle will sit on top of the body. I also used the Auto Grid for the cylinders sitting at the top.
With the line going down the middle of the droid, I deleted half of the body that does not have the detail on. I then used the Symmetry modifier to mirror the side across. I then converted the droid back to an editable poly.  For the wheel I used a cylinder then Boolean it from the droids body to place the wheels. The wheels are made from a cylinder. I used the Insert and extruded tool on the wheel to make the rims. The wheel are not connected to the body because they will probably be turning in the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment